By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls tennis team won the Regional Championship and officially qualified for the State Finals.
This comes a week after Cadence Brace and Amanda Aponte won Districts and automatically qualifying. While Brace was not with the team at Regionals and Savannah Taylor, MSD won all their matches to win the championship.
Danielle Tamin stepped up at number five singles with Taylor unavailable and won her match. Aponte, Tania Dumke, Maria Araoz Gosn, and Maria Anzures moved up a spot and delivered wins.
The team will travel up to Altamonte Springs this week and begin States on Wednesday, April 28.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft