By: Matt Rothman
Jack Levin, Calvin Fowler, and Anthony Perillo were all picked to play for Broward in a matchup against Palm Beach.
After learning from one of the best in Michael McLaughlin, Levin stepped up for the Eagles on the offensive line and played in nine games while the MSD rushed for 1,198 yards and threw for 1,069.
Another Eagle that stepped up this season defensively was Perillo. The senior took advantage of his opportunity and was a member of the First Team All-District Team and led the team in sacks with six. He also finished second on the team with 41 tackles.
Fowler was also a first-year player who had a strong year with a bright future ahead of him. He recorded over two tackles per game and nine pass deflections which were third on the team.
Next, the MSD football team will wait to show their skills in the Orange Bowl Showcase. Players will have an opportunity to perform in front of scouts by February 12 in Miami.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch
- News2022.05.11Sammy Fisher Recognized With Conference Awards After Freshman Season With Elon Lacrosse
- News2022.05.10Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Makes Their Mark at Regionals
- News2022.05.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Rallies Back to Win District Championship