By Jill Fox
A suspect was apprehended following an attempted residential burglary in Parkland on Friday.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred on April 3, at 11:30 a.m., at the 6400 block of NW 62nd Terrace, in Pine Tree Estates, where Derrick Cencer, 24, was seen removing the screens to the back window of the victim’s residence, activating the alarm.
The 61-year-old male victim observed Cencer standing on the rear patio after the alarm was activated. The black male suspect then fled from the rear of the residence.
Parkland’s Captain Mulligan advised Parkland Talk that the K9 Unit quickly arrived from Weston to assist deputies. A perimeter was established, and Cencer was located by the unit in bushes at the 6200 block of Holmberg Road.
The victim positively identified Cencer. He was arrested on charges of burglary to an occupied structure/unarmed and taken to Broward County Jail. Bond was set at $7,500.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer