By Jill Fox
A suspect was apprehended following an attempted residential burglary in Parkland on Friday.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred on April 3, at 11:30 a.m., at the 6400 block of NW 62nd Terrace, in Pine Tree Estates, where Derrick Cencer, 24, was seen removing the screens to the back window of the victim’s residence, activating the alarm.
The 61-year-old male victim observed Cencer standing on the rear patio after the alarm was activated. The black male suspect then fled from the rear of the residence.
Parkland’s Captain Mulligan advised Parkland Talk that the K9 Unit quickly arrived from Weston to assist deputies. A perimeter was established, and Cencer was located by the unit in bushes at the 6200 block of Holmberg Road.
The victim positively identified Cencer. He was arrested on charges of burglary to an occupied structure/unarmed and taken to Broward County Jail. Bond was set at $7,500.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm