By Jill Fox
This week, the scent of baking bread will fill the air as women meet for the annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg night benefiting Sharsheret.
For the third year, Crak Your Bags is hosting the event to raise money for Sharsheret – a non-profit organization focusing on improving the lives of Jewish women living with or at increased genetic risk for breast or ovarian cancer.
On Thursday, November 16, at 7:00 p.m., a representative from the organization will teach bakers a few different ways to braid their challahs. Then, attendees can play some Mah Jongg while their bread bakes.
The yearly event takes place at Family Bagels of Long Island, located at 5906 Coral Ridge Drive.
“I look forward to this event every year,” said Marci Goldman. “It’s a great way to spend a night out – baking, playing mah Jongg, and supporting a great cause.”
Steve Korn, owner of Family Bagels of Long Island, loves supporting the cause. “Being a local business owner, it’s important to give back to the community in which we work and live.”
Players will enjoy dessert, coffee, raffles, and more. It’s an opportunity to socialize and play Mah Jongg with friends, eat food, and have fun while helping a great cause.
Registration is $45 and includes a donation to Sharsheret, making your own pink challah, dessert, and coffee.
Space is limited, so register in advance at crakyourbags.com/events.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer