By Jill Fox
After enjoying their Thanksgiving dinners, soccer enthusiasts have an opportunity to hone their skills on the field with Soccer Academy & Training.
Owners Laurie and Roger Thomas, of Coconut Creek, are offering a three-day soccer camp taking place the weekend after Thanksgiving Day to learn combined shooting and goalkeeping.
The husband and wife team who manage the Parkland Soccer Club, as well as own the boys and girls junior skills academy at Pine Trails Park, have spent over 15 years in Parkland trying to build the soccer program. All training is performed by Laurie, Roger, and their professionally licensed staff.
Their three-day camp will also focus exclusively on helping players develop their goal scoring and goalkeeping abilities.
The Soccer Academy & Training camp for boys and girls, ages 6 to 13 will take place on November 29, 30 and December 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Pine Trails Park in Parkland. The cost of the 3-day camp is $120 or $45 per day.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021