By Jill Fox
After enjoying their Thanksgiving dinners, soccer enthusiasts have an opportunity to hone their skills on the field with Soccer Academy & Training.
Owners Laurie and Roger Thomas, of Coconut Creek, are offering a three-day soccer camp taking place the weekend after Thanksgiving Day to learn combined shooting and goalkeeping.
The husband and wife team who manage the Parkland Soccer Club, as well as own the boys and girls junior skills academy at Pine Trails Park, have spent over 15 years in Parkland trying to build the soccer program. All training is performed by Laurie, Roger, and their professionally licensed staff.
Their three-day camp will also focus exclusively on helping players develop their goal scoring and goalkeeping abilities.
The Soccer Academy & Training camp for boys and girls, ages 6 to 13 will take place on November 29, 30 and December 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Pine Trails Park in Parkland. The cost of the 3-day camp is $120 or $45 per day.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm
- News2021.02.23Light Bulb May Have Caused Fire in Parkland Home Tuesday
- News2021.02.22Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships