By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Animal Care has joined the 6th annual Clear the Shelters pet adoption campaign running through the end of August.
This year, because of COVID-19, the month-long effort will feature virtual pet adoptions and well as online donations.
To add to the excitement, not only are adoption fees waived on all pets, but those who adopt an adult cat, or dog that weighs 40 pounds or more, will be issued a special voucher for pet wellness care, including vaccinations; a one-year supply of flea/tick preventative and basic dental care—a $550 value for cats, and a $650 value for medium-to-large dogs.
Animal Care’s online process makes it very easy for residents to adopt a pet. Rather than the traditional visit to the shelter to view dogs and cats, prospective adopters can instead see pictures of the pets on Animal Care’s website.
If they see a pet they are interested in; they can then complete an Adoption Application. Once the application is submitted, the person receives a phone call from the Animal Care staff to discuss the pet. If the applicant wishes to finalize the adoption, the date and time is scheduled for the person to meet the dog or cat.
When the adopter arrives, they can interact with the pet. Adoption paperwork is finalized outside by their car, and the new adopter then leaves with their new dog or cat.
For those who wish to donate, the GreaterGood.org has partnered with NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations to provide matching funding to animal shelters across the United States. Donations can be made directly to Animal Care here.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.16Rep Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Online Town Hall with 3 Broward County Agencies
- News2021.06.15Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.06.14Eats ‘n Beats Returns With The National Tom Petty Tribute Show