By Jill Fox
A local mom known for her charity work and helping many underserved organizations is currently focusing her efforts on the needs of children starting school amid the pandemic.
“I always want to help people who need a helping hand,” said Michelle Brown, who moved to Heron Bay with her husband, Justin, in 2008.
Mom to three girls, a pre-schooler at Cambridge and a kindergartener and second-grader at Heron Heights Elementary, Brown feels very fortunate and blessed.
She wants to encourage other families who feel the same to help those who are struggling with the economic effects of COVID-19 and share in the giving and mindfulness of serving the community.
“I see so many parents that haven’t budgeted for this – so many people out there who are unprepared and don’t have the resources they need,” she said.
Brown has created a snack and school supply drive that will take place over the next two Saturdays at her family’s cross-fit business, CF Vice.
“There are teachers and students who need supplies, and we want to step up and meet their needs,” said Brown, who’s concerned about the single working parents, the kids in abusive homes, and the ones that depend on schools to provide their food.
The following supplies are being collected:
-College Ruled Notebooks
-Headphones With A Microphone
-Dry Erase Markers
-Chips In A Bag
-Individual Veggie Sticks
-Mini Water Bottles
Items can be dropped off on Saturday, August 8, and Saturday, August 15, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at CF Vice, located at 11354 Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
“We’re just trying to do some good in a bad situation,” said Brown.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm