By Jill Fox
The game of Mah Jongg gets a bad rap, but a person doesn’t have to be a Jewish senior or a Chinese male to participate.
In today’s world, the game is played by women of all ages, and thanks to Covid — on a variety of handheld devices.
As vaccines are being given and more residents begin to socialize, Parkland’s Carmela Coffee Company is bringing back their popular Mah Jongg nights — evenings filled with friends, food, and fun.
First is an opportunity for beginners to join in. On Tuesday, March 16, at 7 p.m., attendees can take part in professional instruction and practice gameplay. The evening includes wine, appetizers, mah jongg supplies, and a lesson for $25.
Anyone interested in attending should visit facebook.com/mahjonggwipes to RSVP or call 954-224-8057.
Carmela Coffee Company is located at 7967 North University Drive in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.04.09Linda Beigel Schulman on President Biden’s Executive Actions: ‘I Looked Up And Said To Scott, We Did It!’
- News2021.04.07Parkland Resident Among Six Charged In $21 Million Stock Scheme
- News2021.04.07Local Drop-off for Mitzvah Day Items in Parkland
- News2021.04.06Let’s Have A Round of ‘Appaws’: Woof Gang Bakery Is Coming To Parkland