By Jill Fox
The game of Mah Jongg gets a bad rap, but a person doesn’t have to be a Jewish senior or a Chinese male to participate.
In today’s world, the game is played by women of all ages, and thanks to Covid — on a variety of handheld devices.
As vaccines are being given and more residents begin to socialize, Parkland’s Carmela Coffee Company is bringing back their popular Mah Jongg nights — evenings filled with friends, food, and fun.
First is an opportunity for beginners to join in. On Tuesday, March 16, at 7 p.m., attendees can take part in professional instruction and practice gameplay. The evening includes wine, appetizers, mah jongg supplies, and a lesson for $25.
Anyone interested in attending should visit facebook.com/mahjonggwipes to RSVP or call 954-224-8057.
Carmela Coffee Company is located at 7967 North University Drive in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby