By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School’s football team completed a terrific season and had the chance to play in the postseason.
However, they were up against the number eight ranked team in the country in St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Nirami Branley recorded a rushing touchdown, while Asante Daniel threw a 60-yard touchdown pass to Davari Morris. The Cougars finished the season with a record of 6-5 with wins over Southeast, Boyd H. Anderson, Fort Lauderdale, West Boca Raton, McArthur, and Deerfield Beach High School.
Coconut Creek will have Morris, Jamari Wright, Dashawn McEachern, Aundra Atterbery, Daniel, Jean Robinson, Tyrell Johnson, Travis Robinson, Tyrik Hall, Ry’Carri Dailey, Steven Reid, Jeffrey Hernandez, Josh Yearby, Kevin Bellomy, Juan Sanchez, Javen Brown, Mark Silvera, Kevin Keane, and Juan Carlos Arocho all graduate this year, but still will return a strong team for the 2023 season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.01.30Rocco Duygulu Wins Wrestling BCAA Championship For Marjory Stoneman Douglas; Team Finishes 4th
- News2023.01.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Advances to District Final; Both Basketball Teams Win
- News2023.01.26Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champ Rolando Lujo Hits First Career College Home Run
- News2023.01.25Christian Rodriguez Named ‘Preseason All-American’ For Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball