By Sharon Aron Baron
In August, the Parkland City Commission unanimously approved the five-year contract renewal for fire protection services with the City of Coral Springs. On Wednesday, the Coral Springs commission voted to move forward on the interlocal agreement as well.
Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department Fire Chief Michael McNally said the Fire Department, together with the City of Parkland officials, have forged a strong partnership with one goal in mind: to provide the highest level of fire and emergency medical services to the residents and businesses of Parkland.
“We are delighted to continue our relationship and look forward to serving the Parkland community for many years,” he said.
In the late 1990s, the Coral Springs Fire Department began providing EMS services to Parkland’s citizens. As the EMS service’s need increased, a part-time EMS unit was stationed at the Parkside and Holmberg Road Station 42 in 2003.
The city reorganized how public safety services would be delivered in March 2004, and the Coral Springs Fire Department and Parkland Public Safety Department merged. Many of the original Parkland Public Safety Department employees continue proudly serving the residents of Parkland.
The interlocal agreement has evolved to accommodate Parkland’s growth, providing stability and continuity of service to both Coral Springs and Parkland residents and businesses.
Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky said, “We are grateful for the excellent partnership and service provided by the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department and look forward to continuing to work together to keep our communities safe.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31