By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools celebrates the father-child bond with “Dads Take Your Child to School Day,” and Parkland fathers are encouraged to participate.
Held on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, the district encourages fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, foster fathers, and other male role models to be involved in their child’s education.
The 2021 theme of Dads Take Your Child to School Day is #BCPSDadsMatter. Students may submit an essay or create a digital video about their dad or a male role model using the topic, Thank You for Being My SuperDad. Participants will be randomly selected to win a prize and be recognized on social media. Visit here. Dads Take Your Child To School Day.
The initiative highlights the significant roles fathers and male role models have in enhancing students’ educational experiences and increasing student achievement. Research shows students perform better academically, have fewer discipline problems, and become more responsible adults when fathers and male role models are actively involved in their education.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Announces a Weekend of Spiritual Upliftment with Danny Maseng
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Florida Prepaid College Cuts Prices After Low Tuition Increases