By: Sharon Aron Baron
After a 10-year-old girl riding her bike alone in Parkland’s Watercrest community was allegedly the victim of an attempted abduction, the Broward Sheriff’s Office reported they could not find evidence of the vehicle she described.
On May 1, the child reported a man dressed in all black, driving a white mid-sized van attempted to abduct her at the 8700 block of Watercrest Circle.
According to the girl’s father in a Facebook post, a man came out of the van and tried to grab her from behind. She kicked him in the knee and fled.
The girl had scratches on her neck but otherwise was unharmed.
However, after reviewing a significant amount of video footage and forensic items, detectives are unable to locate the white van.
The girl’s mother posted the following: “I drove around with a bat looking for this guy, but I couldn’t find, lucky for me cause otherwise, I would probably be in jail.”
The investigation remains open at this time. BSO is asking residents to review their security systems and contact them with any additional information.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Detective Wilfredo Rivera at 954-321-4270.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.14Parkland Resident Reports $220,000 Stolen in Home Burglary This Week in Crime
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland