By Kevin Deutsch
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s Eagle Regiment just added more hardware to its trophy case.
The band earned three Grand Champion Awards at the Florida Marching Band Regional Championships this 2021 marching season, including The Jupiter Festival of Bands on November 6, The Lancer Jamboree on October 9, and The Falcon Sound Invitational on October 2.
Throughout the marching season, high school marching bands participate in Regional Competitions or Festivals sanctioned by the Florida Marching Band Championships. The high school band with the highest overall score earns the Grand Champion Award.
Participating bands are also invited to compete in the FMBC Marching Band Championships, where they perform their program and compare their musical and visual skills with the best in their class.
The Eagle Regiment will be performing in the FMBC State Championships in Ocala on November 21.
“Congratulations to The Regiment for earning their 3rd Grand Champion award of the 2021 season,” said Steve Rivero, Director of Bands for MSD. “The Regiment also won Best Music, Best General Effect, Best Percussion, and Best Color Guard. We could not be more proud of all of our students. Hard work really does pay off.”
The Regiment’s seasonal fundraiser, selling poinsettias to help support the MSD Band Program, is ongoing. Community members or businesses may purchase gold foil-wrapped, 10-inch poinsettias by November 18.
Contact Charlene Brighton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.12.06Parkland Crime Update: Paintball Incident And Damage to Holiday Display
- News2021.12.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Student Arrested for School Shooting Threat
- News2021.11.29Parkland Crime Update: Student Cited for Bringing Alcohol to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- News2021.11.29Boca Woman Tried to Bribe Her Way Out of Drunk Driving Arrest in Parkland