By: Matt Rothman
Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas star Roman Anthony is already on the move in the Minor Leagues, getting promoted to the Greenville Drive (A+) and homering in his second game.
A 2022 graduate from MSD, Anthony was an All-American drafted in the second round of the MLB Draft after winning two State Championships in high school and hitting .545 as a senior, with ten home runs and 45 RBIs for coach Todd Fitz-Gerald.
Anthony was initially committed to playing at Ole Miss University in college but decided to go professional and competed in 20 games last year for the FCL Salem Red Sox before his promotion this year. The power-hitting center fielder recorded his first home run on May 9 and already had nine doubles and a triple this year before his promotion.
Anthony is the Red Sox number ninth-ranked prospect and will be joining a team that is currently 32-25 this year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick