By: Matt Rothman
Not often do teams have four freshmen on varsity, but Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl basketball had all four of theirs record points in their 32-18 road victory on Monday.
Stella Marvel led the team again with 11 points, while Riley Mclarry, Ava Mangone, and Adyson Zajkowski combined for five. The Eagles also had Julia Kayser, Leah Dubreuze, Cayja McFarlane, Caitlyn Dalton, and Ofek Gur contribute offensively.
The Eagles are now 4-7 this year and snapped their second three-game losing streak this year.
Next, MSD will have a week off before their game against Hallandale High School on Wednesday, January 19 at 6 p.m before the Eagles host senior night the following day against Coconut Creek High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win