By Jill Fox
The Greater Broward Chapter of the Pap Corps is holding a welcome back barbecue and donating proceeds to help fight cancer.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida, supporting research for all cancer types at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami. The Greater Broward Chapter includes members from Parkland, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, and Tamarac.
“We’ve had a year and a half of successful virtual events, and this is our first one back in person,” said event chair Susie Holroyd.
The fundraiser, held at the Country Club of Coral Springs, will take place on Friday, September 17, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and have indoor and outdoor seating options to ensure everyone in attendance is comfortable.
Tickets are available for $75 per person, including live music, dinner, one drink, and a few surprises. Register online by Friday, September 3.
Holroyd said, “We’re planning a really fun night and looking forward to everybody being together again.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer