By Selene Raj
It’s an all too familiar predicament families find themselves in: their little ones continue to grow while their budgets are shrinking.
One local mother is hoping to help other local families save by organizing a pop-up consignment event in Coral Springs from October 8 – 18.
Lauren Maring, of Fort Lauderdale, purchased the existing Just Between Friends Coral Springs in 2018 because she wanted to get further involved with the community and its families.
“I wanted to continue this sale because I am passionate about providing high-quality, low-budget kids’ items to our friends and neighbors while helping hundreds of local families make money on all their gently-loved items that their children can no longer use,” said Maring.
Just Between Friends is a consignment franchise and North America’s largest children’s and maternity pop-up consignment community marketplace.
Shoppers can typically expect to save between 50 and 90 % on maternity and kids’ items at their sales.
Maring said that, like all businesses, hers was hurt by Covid-19, and they had to cancel their Spring and postpone their August sale—but they are ready now.
Once held at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, they have a new location at the former Pier One Imports store near Big Lots on University Drive.
“It was essential to me to secure a new location so that over 200 local families were able to make some money by selling their items and to help hundreds of families shop bargain deals for their children,” said Maring.
Items for sale at the Just Between Friends event are baby through teen. Items include clothing, shoes, toys, games, books, swimwear, sporting gear, baby equipment, children’s furniture, and more.
They came up with safety protocols to keep families safe, including pre-scheduled shopping times, hand sanitizer, social distancing, and face masks.
Further safety precautions include children under 10 encouraged not to attend, except for carrier-worn infants or infants in strollers covered. Proceeds will benefit The Autism Shop in Tampa.
- Thursday, Oct 8: Open To Public 3:00 p.m – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, Oct 9: Open to Public 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct 10: Open to Public 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct 11: Open to Public 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct 13: Virtual Shopping by appointment
- Wednesday, Oct 14: Virtual Shopping by appointment
- Thursday, Oct 15: Open to the Public 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, Oct 16: 25% Off Day Open to the Public 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct 17: Half Price Pre-sale Open To Public 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. $3, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Free
- Sunday, Oct 18: Half Price LAST Day Open To Public 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The event is held in the Pier 1 Building, 751 N University Drive. Parkland, Coconut Creek, and Margate residents welcome. Register now by visiting Just Between Friends.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master’s in Mass Communications in 2020 and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.12.24Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike
- News2020.12.07Teacher who Survived School Shooting is Transformed by Service Dog
- News2020.10.27Kol Tikvah Hosts Virtual Book Discussion with Fred Guttenberg
- Events2020.10.16Early Voting and Ballot Drop-off Information for Parkland Residents