By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas star freshman Lorenzo Laurel becomes the sixth player in the past three years to officially commit to the Florida Gators.
“I would like to take this moment to thank every coach that has gotten me to where I’m at in my baseball career,” Laurel said. “I would especially like to thank Coach Fitz, Coach JB, and Coach Jose from (Storm Baseball Organizational.)
Laurel, who resides in Coral Springs, started playing baseball when he was seven. Laurel has played on multiple travel teams, including BID National, TBT, Original Florida Pokers, and Fivestar. He also competed in the Perfect Game Select Festival after being selected as one of 48 players and won breakout player.
MSD has been the top high school baseball team in the country for the past two seasons, winning back-to-back State and National Championships. They also won the High School Baseball Invitational in 2022, featuring the top 16 teams in the country.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship