By: Matt Rothman
The historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team continued Thursday night after the Eagles picked up their 17th win.
The Eagles had 17 different players receive a plate appearance. Roman Anthony had two hits and had both an RBI and run scored. Nikko Benestad knocked in two, while Derek Rodriguez had a run-scoring double in his only plate appearance.
Gavin Conticello, Jake Clemente, and Grant McDonald all scored runs as Conticello had a pair of hits.
Kyle Morse made the start on the mound and was relieved by Sam Beir, who got the win. He pitched 2.2 innings and struck out five. Von Smeltzer and Brandon White also made appearances in the game.
MSD is now 17-1 this year and have won 12 straight games. Up next, they will face Pembroke Pines Charter on Tuesday, March 6 at 5:45 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final