By: Matt Rothman
The historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team continued Thursday night after the Eagles picked up their 17th win.
The Eagles had 17 different players receive a plate appearance. Roman Anthony had two hits and had both an RBI and run scored. Nikko Benestad knocked in two, while Derek Rodriguez had a run-scoring double in his only plate appearance.
Gavin Conticello, Jake Clemente, and Grant McDonald all scored runs as Conticello had a pair of hits.
Kyle Morse made the start on the mound and was relieved by Sam Beir, who got the win. He pitched 2.2 innings and struck out five. Von Smeltzer and Brandon White also made appearances in the game.
MSD is now 17-1 this year and have won 12 straight games. Up next, they will face Pembroke Pines Charter on Tuesday, March 6 at 5:45 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Track and Field Finish 2nd, Girls 4th at Meet
- News2021.04.07Sullivan Scores Hat Trick in Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Lacrosse Win
- News2021.04.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 17th Game This Season
- News2021.04.012 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Lacrosse Players Score 6 Goals in Win