By Jill Fox
With under three months to go, the City of Parkland is hiring camp counselors in preparation for summer.
Various seasonal positions are available for organizing and teaching recreational activities to children and teens. According to the city, job responsibilities include supervising and coordinating games for campers and applying basic youth development principles.
Camp counselors are also responsible for maintaining a high standard of health and safety in all activities.
Counselors will earn an hourly rate between $10.61 and $13.26. Site supervisor and assistant site supervisor positions are also available. Summer camp applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma and child care experience. For additional qualifications and to apply online for all available positions, visit cityofparkland.com.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.04.09Linda Beigel Schulman on President Biden’s Executive Actions: ‘I Looked Up And Said To Scott, We Did It!’
- News2021.04.07Parkland Resident Among Six Charged In $21 Million Stock Scheme
- News2021.04.07Local Drop-off for Mitzvah Day Items in Parkland
- News2021.04.06Let’s Have A Round of ‘Appaws’: Woof Gang Bakery Is Coming To Parkland