By Jill Fox
With under three months to go, the City of Parkland is hiring camp counselors in preparation for summer.
Various seasonal positions are available for organizing and teaching recreational activities to children and teens. According to the city, job responsibilities include supervising and coordinating games for campers and applying basic youth development principles.
Camp counselors are also responsible for maintaining a high standard of health and safety in all activities.
Counselors will earn an hourly rate between $10.61 and $13.26. Site supervisor and assistant site supervisor positions are also available. Summer camp applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma and child care experience. For additional qualifications and to apply online for all available positions, visit cityofparkland.com.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.18Parkland Commission Postpones Discussion of New Craft Brewery
- News2021.06.16Parkland BSO Captain Chris Mulligan Announces His Retirement
- News2021.06.16Parkland Teens: Volunteer and Earn Service Hours This Summer
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels