By: Matt Rothman
The historic season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball team continues as the Eagles have now tied a school record with their tenth consecutive win.
MSD defeated South Broward High School on Monday, then beat Coral Springs Charter on Tuesday to extend the streak nine, which matched the second-longest in school history before they tied it with a win over Kings Academy on Friday.
The Eagles will attempt their 11th straight for a school record on Monday,/ January 10 against Stranahan High School. That will be a tough test though as Stranahan has started the season 12-1.
MSD vs. South Broward
It was a close game against a scrappy South Broward, but MSD picked up a 54-49 win. Brandon GoPaul led the team in scoring with 14. Evin Jenkins and Sean Sucarichi had 11 and ten, respectively.
“I keep telling our guys it’s not gonna always be pretty, but we need to learn how to win every type of game,” said Head Coach Teddy Lyons. “I’m glad to have Coach Jason [Sucarichi] on the bench. He made a lot of good calls subbing in guys that brought the right defensive energy off the bench.”
MSD vs. CSC
On Tuesday, MSD picked up a much more straightforward victory over CSC 77-35. The 77 points were a season-high as Sucarichi recorded a game-high of 21. us with 21 points. Wesley Aurelius recorded 12 points and eight rebounds, while Diego Rodriguez had 12 points and seven assists.
“We’ve got to go up and play a good team on Friday night in Kings Academy who is going to challenge us,” Coach Lyons added. “Our guys need to have a couple of days of solid practice and work on the little things.”
MSD vs. Kings Academy
The Eagles tenth straight win came 61-39 against Kings academy. Evin Jenkins led the team with 16 points while Sucarichi had 11 points. Rodriguez and Aurelus chipped in with nine and seven respectively.
“I thought our defense was really good tonight,” said Coach Lyons. “We have to have to keep giving up I for we if we want to continue this thing. These kids care so much about each other and I want to see them succeed. Selfless mean less self. “
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.213 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Shine During MLK Holiday Weekend
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Teams Wins 2nd Coral Springs Dual Tournament This Season
- News2022.01.163 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Invited to Broward-Palm Beach All-Star Game