By: Matt Rothman
It was senior night for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s soccer team and their first playoff game of the season as the Eagles defeated Coral Springs High School 6-3 in the opening round of the 2021 Boys Soccer District Championship.
MSD honored eight seniors in Maxwell Weston, Garrett Schreiber, Alex Maya, Shay Morton-Holmes, David Fresnada, Colin Irimi, Daniel Linares, and Bryant Velasco and saw them all contribute to the victory.
Irimi, Linares, and Maya combined to score four goals, while junior Gabe Gersberg contributed a pair of goals.
For Head Coach Christian Chacon, this win was special for him as he was very happy to get it on Senior Day.
“These seniors have meant a lot, especially with what they have been through since freshmen year, Chacon said. “They are very eager to win Districts this season.”
The Eagles came into tonight’s game having won for games during the regular season despite having four games canceled due to COVID: 19.
MSD will face and big test on Wednesday, February 3, when they play Deerfield Beach High School, who had a bye in the opening round of the playoffs.
The game is set to start at 6 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended