By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas football team got off to a 2-0 start this year but have had each of the past two games postponed.
The Eagles were supposed to play at Hallandale High School on Friday, November 13, but that game was postponed due to unplayable field conditions. MSD was then getting set to host J.P. Taravella High School on Friday night, but the program will be shut down for the next 14 days after a positive test.
There is no word on whether either game will be replayed. The next time the Eagles were going to be in action would be on December 4 in a playoff game. MSD had both their wins come in conference play and sit in first place in the division following wins over Coral Glades and Coral Springs High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- News2021.01.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Begin 2021 Season Under Coach Carter
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Start 2021 with Back to Back Wins
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Start Season 2-0