By Jill Fox
As Parkland residents enjoy their week-long Thanksgiving break, the Broward County School Board is already planning another.
At their workshop on October 27, the school board discussed the results of a survey sent to parents for input on the 2021-2022 school calendar.
Sixty-eight percent of the respondents voted in favor of a five-day Thanksgiving break, which will mirror this year’s calendar. The other options were to begin the year a few days later or end the school year a few days earlier by choosing a shorter Thanksgiving break.
The 2021-2022 school year will begin on Wednesday, August 18, 2021, and end on Thursday, June 9, 2022.
The school board will vote to officially approve the calendar at their meeting on December 15.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.08.04City Selects Lt. Craig Calavetta As New BSO Parkland District Chief
- News2021.08.04Parkland Residents Host First Local Wine And Food Festival
- News2021.08.04Parkland Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings
- News2021.08.03Parkland Principals, Interim Superintendent Address Parents on August 9