By Jill Fox
As Parkland residents enjoy their week-long Thanksgiving break, the Broward County School Board is already planning another.
At their workshop on October 27, the school board discussed the results of a survey sent to parents for input on the 2021-2022 school calendar.
Sixty-eight percent of the respondents voted in favor of a five-day Thanksgiving break, which will mirror this year’s calendar. The other options were to begin the year a few days later or end the school year a few days earlier by choosing a shorter Thanksgiving break.
The 2021-2022 school year will begin on Wednesday, August 18, 2021, and end on Thursday, June 9, 2022.
The school board will vote to officially approve the calendar at their meeting on December 15.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm
- News2021.02.23Light Bulb May Have Caused Fire in Parkland Home Tuesday
- News2021.02.22Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships