By: Matt Rohman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls lacrosse team’s incredible run continued Wednesday night as the Eagles were crowned District Champions following their impressive win over Boca Raton Community High School.
MSD, who went 6-2 during the regular season, defeated Spanish River 22-7 on Tuesday night before their 21-9 win in the final over Boca Raton, who came into the night 13-0 on the year.
For Head Coach Kristina Stein, this championship was extraordinary with what her team had to do this season, especially for her senior group that has been through so much since they were freshmen.
“We have been saying all season that we want to play hard and stay healthy for our seniors,” Coach Stein said. “I’m so thankful we got to go out and play for a District Championship. They have worked so hard all season, and I am so proud of them.”
Up next, MSD will play in regionals on Thursday, April 22. They are waiting to see who they will play in their next game.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft