By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team’s historic season continued Tuesday night after defeating American Heritage High School Delray Beach 11-1.
According to Max Preps, this was the team’s 20th win of the season as they are currently ranked fourth in the nation. The Eagles have won 15 straight games and have outscored their opponents 177-43 through their first 21 games.
On Tuesday, the offense broke through again as Roman Anthony hit his fifth home run of the season. He also drove in two RBI’s and has 18 on the season.
On the mound, the Eagles had Christian Arroyo make the start. He struck out five in 2.2 innings before Christian Rodriguez came out of the bullpen to pick up the win. Rodriguez also struck out five and did not allow a run.
Up next, MSD will have eight days before they play their next game against Calvary Christian Academy on April 21. Following that, they will play their final regular-season game of the season against Westminster Christian School on April 22.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft