By: Matt Rothman
With school out for the holiday break, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball competed in a pair of games against Mater Academy and Everglades.
However, the Eagles fell in both games, losing by two in their first game before losing 74-48 against Everglades High School.
MSD is now 6-8 and will begin 2024 with a matchup against Hollywood Hills High School. The Spartans are 2-7 this year with wins against Chaminade-Madonna High School and Coral Springs Charter. These teams last met during the 2021-22 season, with MSD winning 54-49.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments