By: Matt Rothman
Held at the Sailfish Splash Aquatic Athletics Center in Stuart, the Eagles had their best relay result come from their 200-yard medley relay team. After advancing through preliminaries, the Eagles finished 13th with a time of 1:51:68.
That team featured Carolyn Powell, Valeria Anzures, Sophia El-Chantiry, and Payton Ward.
Also, Anna Rosa, Daniella Balkcom, Payton Ward, and Carolyn Powell finished 14th in the 4×400 preliminaries to move on to the final.
The lone relay team for the boys consisted of Miguel Kocoglu, Frank Etchevers, Joshua Park, and Lorenzo Herek. While they did not move on to the finals, they did record a terrific time of 3.21:24.
Individually, Powell swam in the 100-yard breaststroke and finished tenth. Herek Also competed in the preliminaries in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke.
“It was certainly a highlight of the season to have 10 swimmers make it to states,” said Head Coach Dvid Berke. ” It was a nice change to travel and compete at that level after the past few seasons with so many COVID protocols and restrictions. What a great way for the seniors to end their high school swim careers.”
Those seniors are Rosa, Ward, Kocoglu and Park while they will have many key swimmers return next year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Christian Rodriguez Awarded USA Baseball International Performance of the Year
- News2022.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball and Florida Pokers Donate to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- News2022.12.06Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Player Abbey HSU Wins Ivy League Conference Award
- News2022.12.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Finishes 4th in Opening Tournament