By: Sharon Aron Baron
To enable more patients to be tested for COVID-19, and reduce the risk of community spread, Broward Health will open its new mobile testing unit in Pompano Beach on March 19.
Constructed in less than 24 hours, the mobile testing site will allow 300 registered patients to drive through daily and be swabbed for COVID-19 from their cars.
“Our team at Broward Health today is working around the clock, through tonight so that tomorrow morning we can start live with mobile testing for COVID-19,” said Gino Santorio, president/CEO of Broward Health.
To be tested, patients must pre-register for scheduled appointment times. No walkups or drive-ups can be screened or tested.
To schedule a time to be tested, Parkland residents must have a written prescription from a physician and then call the Broward Health line at 954-320-5730 to register. Once scheduled, patients will receive a confirmation number.
A photo ID, the written prescription for COVID-19 testing, and the patient’s confirmation number are required at the mobile testing site to be swabbed and tested. Test results will be sent to the prescribing physician, who will then alert the patient of their status.
Broward Health Coral Springs is part of the Broward Health system.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2021.01.26Parkland Doctor Arrested After Sending Explicit Photos to a Minor
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County