By: Sharon Aron Baron
Although she did not place in the Mrs. Florida pageant over Memorial Day, Mrs. Parkland’s Erin Golka wants to thank the community members who supported her, as well as let them know she has been invited back to compete in 2019.
“Mrs. Tallahassee won this year – quite a wonderful lady,” said Golka. “Hoping to bring the crown to Parkland in 2019.”
Golka’s platform as Mrs. Parkland is mental health in teens. She has joined the National Association on Mental Illness Broward Chapter where she is writing a proposal saying that mental health should be included in every annual physical for children.
“In addition to mental health screenings, I am also asking for more affordable mental health follow-up care,” she said.
Golka is a mother of two: one who will be at Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the fall, and another who attends Riverglades Elementary.
A nurse by trade, she works at Memorial Regional Hospital where she is the adult ECMO coordinator and part of the heart transplant team.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.06.28Florida League of Cities Recognizes Parkland Mayor as ‘Home Rule Hero’
- News2019.06.27Broward Commissioner Earns Advanced County Commissioner Designation