By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball team made a run to the District Final before being beaten by Boca Raton Community High School on Wednesday.
The Eagles fell 19-25, 20-25, 26-24, 22-25 after beating Monarch High School in three sets in the semifinals 25-17, 25-15, 25-17.
“Although we didn’t win, it was the best game we played all season,” Head Coach Aidan Gidon said. “We’ve improved so much these past few months, and I can’t wait to see how far we go through regionals.
MSD is currently 14-5 this season and is set for Regionals, where they could get another chance at Boca Raton. MSD will await the final rankings to see where they will be seeded and who they will be playing.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win