By Sharon Aron Baron
An announcement was sent out to all parents and staff of Marjory Stoneman Douglas that a second individual at the school tested positive for COVID-19 and was unrelated to the previous case reported last week.
According to Principal Michelle Kefford, anyone who may have been in close contact with this individual has already been notified by school staff and Risk Management.
Additionally, all areas have been clean and sanitized multiple times.
The Department of Health will follow up with these families to provide information regarding the next steps.
Although no other information was given out, she reiterated that CDC guidelines define close contact as an individual who has had close contact of 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10