By Sharon Aron Baron
An announcement was sent out to all parents and staff of Marjory Stoneman Douglas that a second individual at the school tested positive for COVID-19 and was unrelated to the previous case reported last week.
According to Principal Michelle Kefford, anyone who may have been in close contact with this individual has already been notified by school staff and Risk Management.
Additionally, all areas have been clean and sanitized multiple times.
The Department of Health will follow up with these families to provide information regarding the next steps.
Although no other information was given out, she reiterated that CDC guidelines define close contact as an individual who has had close contact of 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life