By Jill Fox
With the election complete, the new city commission is eager to get started.
On Wednesday, November 18, Parkland mayor-elect Rich Walker and future commissioners Jordan Isrow and Simeon Brier will be sworn in, along with Commissioner Ken Cutler and current acting mayor, Bob Mayersohn, at a small ceremony.
Starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Parkland amphitheater, candidates will each be sworn in by someone of their choice, and everyone will have a few minutes to speak.
The community is welcome to attend the public ceremony, which will be followed by the city commission’s first official meeting at city hall at 7 p.m.
Walker said he is truly looking forward to the swearing-in of the new commission.
“We have had the unique experience of campaigning alongside one another for two weeks during the early voting period,” he said. “As we move forward in this new chapter for our city, I am honored to embrace this incredible opportunity, and I look forward to getting to work.”
The Pine Trails Park Amphitheater is located at 10555 Trails End in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- Events2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- Events2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park