By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland has released the 2021 bulk trash pick up schedule, and since pickup is only once a month, residents may not want to miss their only opportunity to dispose of large items.
Bulk trash includes household appliances, furniture, and other items of a bulky nature, such as tree stumps and logs, provided they are cut to the appropriate size and placed neatly at the curb.
Residents should know that bulk item should be placed curbside no more than 12 hours before the scheduled collection.
Special and hazardous waste includes, but is not limited to, construction materials, paints, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners are excluded and will not be collected. Please see the 2021 Hazardous Waste collection here.
If a resident has a refrigerator or freezer that they want to have picked up during bulk, they need to have the Freon removed. A professional can provide that service and then “tag” the appliance so Waste Management can collect.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life