By Jill Fox
Registristration is now open for Parkland Flag football, where they are already preparing for its fall season, and all leagues from kindergarten through high school are open.
Evaluations will take place at Pine Trails Park during the week of August 16. All players, other than kindergarteners, will be placed on a team through the draft, and more details will follow with dates and times for various age groups.
Board President Matt Kaufman wrote in an email to parents, “For those curious about Covid, we will wait and see where we stand in July before making any decisions on protocols.”
The cost is $175, which includes a uniform. Sibling discounts are available. Athletes living outside of Parkland are welcome to play but will be charged an additional fee by the city.
The organization is searching for coaches and starting a girls’ high school league in 2021 if they get enough interest.
“For now, enjoy the moment and register, just register…,” said Kaufman.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer