By Jill Fox
A Coral Springs Charter High School Senior is hoping to raise at least $1,100 for Parkland Buddy Sports.
Last year, Kaitlyn Burst participated in a partner giving project and donated $1,000 to St. Jude. Now, she and her partner Samantha Reilly have decided to focus their efforts on Parkland Buddy Sports by holding a similar dinner night at Wings Plus in Coral Springs.
On January 11, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Wings Plus at 9880 West Sample Road will donate 15 percent of all dine-in and pick-up orders to the nonprofit.
Since 2002, Parkland Buddy Sports has organized year-round quality sports programs and events for children with special needs, starting at age four and volunteering opportunities for students living in South Florida.
As a student volunteer for Parkland Buddy Sports, Burst became involved with the organization through the National Honor Society at her school and has planned karaoke events for the non-profit.
“Due to Covid-19, we understand the struggle some families might have with attending the dinner night, so we have a donation page where you can support them from the comfort of your home,” she said.
For more information about Parkland Buddy Sports, visit parklandbuddysports.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.05Make Our Schools Safe Awards $888 Alyssa Alhadeff Soccer Scholarship
- News2021.03.04Carmela Coffee Holds Beginners Mah Jongg Night on March 16
- News2021.03.03Parkland Preteen Collects LEGO Sets For Hospitalized Children
- News2021.03.02Feeling Lucky? Register For Pap Corps Bingo on March 17