By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through November 21, 2022.
The victim stated that on 11/15/2022, there was a physical altercation at the victim’s work location. The suspect struck the victim and fled the area.
A person reported being a victim of Fraud – All Other on 11/16/2022. Reporting party stated that on November 08, 2022, money was fraudulently taken out of their business account by an unknown subject(s). The subject(s) went to three different locations and withdrew the money. The reporting party was not sure how the subject(s) accessed the account or was able to withdraw said money. Tot. Est. Loss: $5,100.
11067 Pinnacle Way
On 11/15/2022, a work crew conducting soil sampling punctured a gas line. Coral Springs—Parkland Fire Department, as well as BSO and Sunrise Haz-Mat teams, were on the scene.
N. University Dr.
On 11/17/2022, a person told BSO she received a screenshot of a student making a threat. Behavioral Threat Assessment completed, and Threat Management Unit notified.
On 11/19/2022, a deputy responded about a physical altercation involving several male juveniles. The caller stated he was punched by another male juvenile while playing football. Deputy spoke to both male juvenile parties involved, and both stated the other started the altercation. Neither party had any visible signs of injury. The caller said he wanted the incident documented in case there were future incidents involving him and the other party.
A woman was the victim of Threats/Intimidation on 11/19/2022. An email was sent threatening her life.
On 11/19/2022, deputies documented a civil dispute over child custody. A mother was refusing to let her children go with their father.
No Arrests Reported
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Parkland Crime Update: Fraud and Criminal Mischief
- News2022.12.17Parkland Crime Update: Child Injured After Pulling Down Soccer Goal Post
- News2022.12.10Parkland Crime Update: Child Trapped in Closet and Pokemon Card Dispute
- News2022.12.05Parkland Crime Update: Victim Blackmailed Over His Nude Photos