By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through May 4.
11000 block of NW 70th Ct, Parkland Isles
On April 30, BSO arrived about a possible overdose, and one of the deputies administered Narcan to the victim. Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue 109 was also on scene and transported the victim to University Pavilion-Behavioral Center.
5800 block of Holmberg Rd – Bell Parkland
On May 1, BSO observed a white female standing by her front door screaming and crying that she was shot in the back, and she could not walk. However, there were no visible signs of injuries, and deputies cleared the residence. No one else was located inside the home. The subject was Baker Acted and transported to Northwest Medical Center.
7520 NW 60th Ave – Lakes Of Parkland
On May 1, graffiti was found on the perimeter wall to Lakes of Parkland. Integrity Property Management advised of graffiti on the east wall to the development exterior.
7600 block of NW 65th Ln. – Whittier Oaks
On April 28, the reporter advised the listed vehicle had pulled up to the guard gate and requested entry into the community for Covid-19 testing. After checking with the resident, the car left without making entry.
7191 N State Road 7 – Chevron
On May 1, a white BMW drove off from gas pumps pulling the pump hose off the pump.
11300 block of Carrington Ave – Watercrest
On April 30, BSO responded about a sick person who was unresponsive. Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue transported the victim.
6675 Nw 76th Dr. – Terramar Park
Between April 30 and May 1, the caller advised a subject(s) took a 5-gallon bucket of white latex paint & poured it through the circulation vent, located on top of the storage trailer. The white paint spilled over the tractors located inside. The subject(s) also drove the Toro Workman maintenance truck onto a pile of baseball diamond clay dirt. The paint bucket was located in a ditch beside the trailer, which was processed for latent lifts, yielding one. The tractor was cleaned with a pressure washer, with no damage.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Parkland’s Farmers’ Market Includes Craft Fair on Sunday
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Holiday Bingo Event Support’s Baseball’s Team’s 2024 Trip to Cooperstown
- NewsNovember 22, 2023SOS Children’s Villages Florida’s ‘The White Ball’ Gala Raises Record $750K for Foster Care Children
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Heron Heights PTO Hosts Annual Holiday Boutique