By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through December 2. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
6800 block of NW 108 Ave Parkland Isles
On November 27, two female victims, ages 78 and 56, were visiting their family for the holidays, and a dog got loose and bit both of them. It is unclear from the police report who the dog belonged to.
5700 block of NW 62 Street – Sable Pass
On November 30, deputies made contact with the victim in reference to his vehicle being stolen from his neighbor’s driveway across the street from his residence by an unknown subject(s).
6800 block of NW 75 Place Whittier Oaks
On November 29, the victim stated that her current boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend drove to where she was staying, exited her vehicle and struck her in the head three times.
7351 North State Road 7 – Malbec Grill
On November 29, deputies made contact with the victim in reference to his vehicle being burglarized at Malbec Grill restaurant. An unknown suspect shattered the front driver’s side window and removed a computer bag containing miscellaneous papers.
7191 North State Road 7 – Chevron Gas Station
On December 1, the unknown suspect entered the victim’s vehicle through the rear passenger window, which was smashed out. The suspect removed the victim’s purse containing numerous items from the rear passenger seat without the permission or authority of the owner.
8100 block of NW 128 Lane
On November 26, deputies responded to an outside fire that was extinguished by Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department. There was no structural damage, and there were no suspicious signs.
5900 block of Hillsboro Blvd
On November 26, deputies responded in reference to a hit and run.
7201 N State Road 7 – Rising Tide Car Wash
On December 1, a complainant reported that his vehicle collided with the vehicle in front of him in the car wash. There were no reports of damage or injuries due to the incident.
10700 Trails End – Park Trails Elementary School
On November 26, an information report was made regarding an inappropriate note passed to a student by another student, who is her friend. The school administration handled the incident by informing the SRO three days later. The second-grade students told the teacher involved it was a prank they played with one another.
7400 Parkside Drive – Riverglades Elementary School
On December 2, while completing an annual audit of the school computer inventory, Principal Seltzer discovered that a former teacher’s laptop was missing. Mrs. Seltzer requested a report.
11000 Holmberg Road – Westglades Middle School
On November 26, a fire alarm activation occurred in the school and was found to be caused by a student by the use of a fire alarm pull handle inside the classroom.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021