By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through February 18.
8900 Block of Lakeview Dr. – Miralago
On February 12, a Broward County Process Server was bitten on his right forearm.
5851 Holmberg Road – Bell Parkland Apartments
Between February 9 and 11, an unknown subject broke the window of the victim’s vehicle causing $375 worth of damage. No items were taken, and no additional victims reported.
12800 W Hillsboro Blvd
On February 15, the caller advised of White and Latino males smoking marijuana at the dead-end of Hillsboro Blvd. The caller and subjects traded middle fingers, as the caller stated one appeared to be armed. The subjects then fled in two black vehicles. No tag info obtained.
8700 block of Watercrest Cir E – Watercrest
On February 15, the caller advised that he is getting harassing calls from his ex-wife.
7111 N State Road 7 – Shoppes of Parkland
Between February 15 and 16, The Caller advised she had reported her vehicle stolen in Ft Lauderdale on 2/15/20 and recovered it from her boyfriend on 2/16/20.
10600 block of N Lago Vista Cir. – Cascata
On February 12, the reporting person lost his wallet while working at the Cascata at Mira Lago worksite. He realized it was missing when he arrived at the Wawa gas station to fuel his vehicle.
5901 Pine Island Rd. – Marjory Stoneman Douglas
Between February 4 and 10, school officials brought to BSO’s attention vandalism to the girls’ bathroom. School conducted its investigation and did not want police involvement.
7621 N State Road 7 – CVS
On February 15, CVS was a victim of Theft – Retail / Shoplifting at the Waterways Shoppes. The reporter advised the subject entered the business where she selected merchandise and exited the store without making payment.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2020.07.08Parkland Builder Reports a Squatter in a Model Home
- News2020.07.06Latest Data Shows Parkland with over 100 Positive Tested COVID-19 Cases
- News2020.07.02Parkland Resident Derek Olivier Announces His Candidacy for City Commission District 2
- Crime & Safety2020.07.02Criminals Break into 6 Unlocked Vehicles in Parkland