By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through December 6, 2021.
On 12/01/2021, deputies responded to a Domestic Disturbance (non-crime). No victims were listed. Responded to the listed address about a delayed domestic disturbance involving parents’ juvenile son. There has been an ongoing issue involving the juvenile being uncooperative with his parents.
10555 Trails End
On 12/01/2021, deputies responded to a fall/injury call at Pine Trails Park for a 14 yo female that hit her head and was bleeding. Deputies arrived on the scene along with Coral Springs Rescue #109. Rescue transported the alert female to Coral Springs Medical Center.
On 12/04/2021, reporting person struck a gate in the gas station parking lot, damaging the vehicle.
NW 126th Ave.
On 12/05/2021, the caller alleged a suspicious incident involving a person or vehicle possibly struck with an object.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On 12/01/2021, deputies spoke with the reporting party via phone concerning a screenshot about a potential school shooting at MSD. The text stated the following: ” I feel like school shooting tmrw., When I sneeze its a signal go to the bathroom ok., I hope y`all aren`t snitches.” Threat Management was contacted, and Detectives were assigned to the case. Detectives later found an address for the suspect and went to speak with him. The 17-year-old juvenile male was placed under arrest and transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center without incident.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 15, 2023Gallop into Adventure at Spitfire Farm’s Thanksgiving and Winter Break Equestrian Camps
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Broward County School Board Reelects Alhadeff and Hixon as Chair, Vice Chair
- NewsJune 29, 2023U.S. Department of Labor Cites Contractor in Parkland Farmworker’s Death
- NewsMay 11, 2023Parkland Commissioner Honored by Florida League of Cities