By: Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of incidents that occurred in Parkland through April 25.
6650 University Dr. Parkland District Office
On April 24, BSO responded to the Parkland district office, in reference to a delayed domestic disturbance. The incident was a verbal argument between the wife and her husband, in reference visitation rights of their nine year old son.
6100 Block of NW 75th Way. Pine Tree Estates
On April 23, the victim said a credit card was opened in his name. He received a letter from Fidelity Visa Signature stating he was denied a new line of credit. No loss or funds stolen.
6700 Block of NW 66th Way. Pine Tree Estates
On April 25, a civil related call was made in reference to ex husband/wife arguing over washer/dryer ownership.
5000 Block of Pine Tree Rd. Whispering Woods
On April 25, address changed initiated without the reporting person’s permission or knowledge. Report requested in case the reporting person becomes a victim of identity theft.
11010 Nob Hill Rd. Heron Heights Elementary
On April 25, at Heron Heights Elementary School, an eleven-year-old male fell backwards while on the playground. He possibly broke one or both arms. He was transported to Coral Springs Medical Center by Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue.
Fraud – False Pretense
7000 Block of NW 122nd Dr. The Greens in Heron Bay
On April 24, an 82-year-old victim was a victim of the “Grandparent Scam”. He sent $1,000 worth of gift cards over the phone to the caller to “bail” his “grandson” out of jail.
7600 Block of Ventura Ln. Cypress Head
On April 23, a female lost her six-karat white gold ring with blue tanzanite stone worth $6,000.
Theft – All Other
5800 Block of NW 62nd St. Country’s Point
Between April 19 and April 20, $500 in cash and a credit card were removed from victim’s bedroom. The suspect had access to the residence, and the credit card was used multiple times.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.14Parkland Resident Reports $220,000 Stolen in Home Burglary This Week in Crime
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland