By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through April 19.
10300 block of South Miralago Way – Miralago
On April 15, Marksman Security Services advised that a female resident drove her vehicle through the community guard gate, causing the front driver side bumper to make contact with the complainant’s body while he was attempting to verify that she resided in the community. No injury was reported.
10200 block of North Barnsley Drive – Parkland Golf and Country Club
On April 15, the complainant advised that his adult son had been missing from his residence for several hours after the parties had a heated discussion. The complainant could not locate his son, who exhibited uncharacteristic behavior of being withdrawn before leaving the residence. The subject was found unharmed in a parking lot in Deerfield Beach.
8900 block of Pinebrook Court – The Pines
On April 17, deputies responded to the residence about loud music coming from the neighbor’s home.
9100 Ranch Road
On April 14, a Dodge Durango was observed backed in on the roadway against the fence line. The vehicle was listed as stolen out of Palm Beach County. The vehicle was not occupied.
Theft – All other
12100 block of NW 76th Place – Heron Bay
A 71-year-old male was the victim of theft between February 10 and March 12.
9200 block of Parkland Bay Drive – Parkland Bay
Robert Allard Pool Contracting was the victim of theft. The reporting person said that sometime between March 15 and April 15, an unknown person(s) unlawfully removed a pool light that was being installed in the pool, which was under construction.
13000 Loxahatchee Road
On April 17, Ric-Man International was the victim of theft. A contractor was laying sod when a white pick-up truck, occupied by two older male subjects, took about half a pallet of sod from the grass swale. The subjects then fled east on Loxahatchee. The approximate loss was $250.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30