By: Sharon Aron Baron
Since 2010, the City of Parkland Farmers’ Market has been going strong, attracting up to 5,000 visitors to the semi-monthly event.
The market, which open only five months per year, has grown bigger and more popular than ever. Vendors for the upcoming season include: Barry’s Hummus, Apple Cider Donuts, Heavenly Orchids, All American Citrus, Mom’s Cookies, Naughty Nutty Love and so many more.
With more than 100 vendors for each market date, the Parkland Farmers’ Market is the largest outdoor farmers’ market in Broward County, even attracting visitors from Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties as well.
City Spokesperson Todd DeAngelis said that while city staff does a great job at landing a lot of great vendors, one of the key ingredients to the success of the Parkland Farmers’ Market is people.
“The event dove tails with the character of our community,” said DeAngelis. “It’s not just a place to go for fruits, vegetables, pastries, soft pretzels and spices… it’s a place to go to see your neighbors. It’s a place to take a stroll and relax. What’s better than taking a stress-free walk in a field with friends while enjoying the aroma of food cooking?”
Bring your four-legged friend because the Farmers’ Market is dog-friendly and don’t forget to visit the pet vendors who occasionally give them free samples.
2019 Market Dates:
Sunday, January 6, 2019* Health & Wellness
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Sunday, February 3, 2019* Pet Expo
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Sunday, March 3, 2019* Community Awareness
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Sunday, April 28, 2019
8350 Ranch Road Parkland, FL 33067
Interested in becoming a vendor? Applications can be submitted to the Parkland Parks and Recreation Department. Payment is required to confirm a booth space. For any questions and/or comments please call (954) 757-4105 or email email@example.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out