By Jill Fox
Want a 3-night stay at any Sandals resort or tickets to see Cher or the Zac Brown Band? What about watching a University of Florida football game in the President’s Box? There’s still time to get in on the action.
Bidding in the online auction to benefit Parkland Cares is still going on and will remain live online until 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 15, and potential bidders can also view the items for auction at the Parkland Golf & Country Club Sports Club between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
The “We are Stoneman Douglas Food & Wine Event” originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15, at Parkland Golf & County Club has been postponed as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
In a Facebook post on Friday, organizers said, they would be rescheduling the food & wine event to a later date (to be determined) to ensure the safest conditions for their supporters and sponsors.
Although the special evening featuring 28 of South Florida’s best restaurants will not be taking place this weekend, one hundred percent of the proceeds from the online auction will go to Parkland Cares, whose mission is to provide immediate and long-term funding and awareness for mental health counseling for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting survivors, their families, and the community-at-large.
Organizers George Temel, Debi Weisman, and Stacey Udine said their entire team is committed to providing a spectacular event soon.
“Until then, we wish you health and safety in this uncertain time.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2020.04.04Volunteers Prepare for Annual Easter Event in Honor of Gina Montalto
- Events2020.04.03DeSantis Issues 2 New Executive Orders: Here’s What You Need to Know
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers