By Jill Fox
Want a 3-night stay at any Sandals resort or tickets to see Cher or the Zac Brown Band? What about watching a University of Florida football game in the President’s Box? There’s still time to get in on the action.
Bidding in the online auction to benefit Parkland Cares is still going on and will remain live online until 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 15, and potential bidders can also view the items for auction at the Parkland Golf & Country Club Sports Club between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
The “We are Stoneman Douglas Food & Wine Event” originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15, at Parkland Golf & County Club has been postponed as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
In a Facebook post on Friday, organizers said, they would be rescheduling the food & wine event to a later date (to be determined) to ensure the safest conditions for their supporters and sponsors.
Although the special evening featuring 28 of South Florida’s best restaurants will not be taking place this weekend, one hundred percent of the proceeds from the online auction will go to Parkland Cares, whose mission is to provide immediate and long-term funding and awareness for mental health counseling for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting survivors, their families, and the community-at-large.
Organizers George Temel, Debi Weisman, and Stacey Udine said their entire team is committed to providing a spectacular event soon.
“Until then, we wish you health and safety in this uncertain time.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer