By Jill Fox
Drew Evan Wiener, 44, passed away suddenly on Saturday evening, June 5.
Wiener, a financial advisor, was well-known in the Parkland community for his contributions to city athletics and being a dedicated father to his two sons – Gavin and Mason.
Drew is what dads, husbands, and coaches aspire to be,” wrote Matt Kaufman, Parkland Flag Football President. “He committed himself to the kids he coached and is the father that any son would have wanted.”
No stranger to tragedy, Drew, his wife, Linda, and their sons moved to Parkland in 2018 for a fresh start after losing the entire contents of their New York home in a devastating fire.
Drew’s brother, Ryan, wrote, “Family was always his top priority… he was always there for me through all the tough times, no matter what.”
A GoFundMe has been set up to support the family during this difficult time.
Funeral Services will be held on Wednesday, June 9 at 2 p.m. at Beth David Memorial Gardens, 3201 North 72 Avenue in Hollywood. The funeral will be live-streamed for family members and friends who are unable to travel to Florida.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby