By Michelle Spitzer
If you purchased a pumpkin at the Equestrian Center, you helped provide over 21,000 free meals.
Last October, residents raised $2,379 for Feeding South Florida, a food bank serving Broward, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade, and Monroe counties.
For every $1 donated, nine meals are provided.
At Wednesday’s meeting, Parkland city commission members thanked all who bought pumpkins from Oct. 23 through Oct. 28.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Michelle Spitzer grew up in Coral Springs, attending Westchester Elementary, Ramblewood Middle, and J.P. Taravella High. She attended the University of Florida and has been a journalist for nearly two decades. As a reporter and editor for The Associated Press and USA Today, she’s covered everything from U.S. Presidents to shuttle launches to Jamie Foxx’s New Year’s Eve party.
- News2022.01.27Stand With Parkland Recognizes 2 Local Lawmakers
- News2022.01.24Tunie’s in Coral Springs Closing its Doors But Will Remain Online
- News2022.01.20Disney Offers Florida Resident Discount During Arts Festival
- News2022.01.14North Broward Prep Theater Students Head to the ‘Super Bowl’ for Thespians