By Kevin Maher
Parkland Buddy Sports is hosting its second annual pickleball tournament, where participants of any skill level can play to support the organization.
The tournament held at The Falls, located at 7200 Knight St in Parkland.on Saturday, April 1, and starts at 8 a.m., but there will be differences in start times for matches.
Parkland Buddy Sports is a not-for-profit organization that provides free sports programs to children and young adults with special needs. They also offer service hours to student volunteers, who they consider the backbone of their program.
The format of the tournament is round-robin doubles with multiple matches per division, and is open to anyone above the age of 16. The cost to join is $50 per person, and the organization will pair you with someone else, but teams can register at $100 per team. Prizes will be awarded to the winning double team.
All of the participation fees benefit Parkland Buddy Sports. Space is limited, with only 20 spots left. The deadline to register is March 20, and registration can be found here.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- News2023.03.14Pickleball Tournament Registration Now Open for Parkland Buddy Sports
- News2023.02.21Pap Corps Holds “Namaste Sunday, Yoga for the Cure” Feb. 26
- News2023.01.24The Parkland Library Presents “King Richard” for Black History Month’s Movie Matinee
- News2023.01.04Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Raises $100,000 for Cancer Research