By: Sharon Aron Baron
Hockey fans who can’t leave the game behind at the arena, need to look no further than this home for sale with its own mini rink.
According to realtor.com, professional ice hockey player Jussi Jokinen, 36, is selling his Parkland home, mini rink, and all.
Jokinen, who now plays with Oulun Kärpät of the Finnish Liiga, made his NHL debut with the Dallas Stars in 2001. In 2014, as an unrestricted free agent, Jokinen signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the Florida Panthers. Since then, he went on to play with the Edmonton Oilers, the Los Angeles Kings, the Columbus Blue Jackets and Vancouver Canucks.
Located in the Heron Bay community, the home has six bedrooms, 6.5 baths, plus office and media room home. Inside, the spacious spread offers a formal living room and dining room, as well as a designer kitchen with high-end appliances, a butler’s pantry, and a center island.
Along with water and golf views, the property comes with two garages—one of which holds a mini hockey rink that was there when Jokinen bought the place.
And the price is right too, setting the buyer back for only 1,850,000.
If the next buyer doesn’t need to practice their slap shot, the area can be converted back into a regular garage, said listing agent Sami Luukkonen.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.29Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event