By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is offering a fun, theatrical-based learning experience for children and teens culminating in two major musical productions. Next Stop Broadway: The Academy will provide training classes in acting, singing, and dance for students in kindergarten through high school.
The one-year program is comprised of a building block format which allows each student to excel and learn in a nurturing environment of their peers. Studying during the school year is designed, so each student is more involved and receives individual attention. All the programs culminate in full-scale Broadway-style productions and recitals performed on a professional stage.
These training programs are developed on an independent study format so students can flourish while improving their skills. For only $130 per month, the students attend classes, workshops, and rehearsals in each area of study: music, dance, and acting.
Casting begins in early November when the production staff has had the chance to assess the students’ present capabilities. Everyone gets a role as either a lead, supporting player, or ensemble member, which reflects each individual’s current abilities as they further develop their own style.
The show is used as a vehicle to teach techniques that are more intriguing and challenging. The most powerful achievement will be their performance in a full-scale Broadway-style show at the end of the season, which can only be accomplished through consistent invigorating work and dedication.
- Wizard of Oz for grades 4-7 Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wild Party for grades 8-12 Mondays, 6 to 9 p.m.
Group Ensemble Classes
Classes are $60 per month for acting, singing, and dance, for grades K-12. These inspiring programs allow students to train with professionals and build self-esteem and confidence and culminate with an end-of-season recital.
- NSB Juniors for grades K-12 Thursdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Singing FUNdamentals for grades 3-5 Wednesdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Acting FUNdamentals for grades 3-5 Wednesdays, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Acting & Improv for grades 6-10 Wednesdays, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Vocal Performance for grades 6-10 Wednesdays, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Hip Hop Performance for grades 2+ Tuesdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Competitive Hip Hop – by audition only Tuesdays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Musical Theatre Dance (Ballet, Tap, Jazz) Thursdays, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Participants can work one-on-one with Next Stop Broadway’s talented instructors and strengthen their skills as a performer in acting, singing, or dance. Students can train for upcoming auditions, prepare pieces for talent competitions or college. The cost is $40 per half-hour lesson and $70 for a full hour.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Pine Trails Park
- Events2020.10.21Rescheduled: Temporary Closure of University Drive at Hillsboro Boulevard
- News2020.10.19Crafty Mom Creates a Halloween Candy Launcher for Safe Trick-or-Treating
- Events2020.10.19Temporary Closure of University Drive at Hillsboro Boulevard Scheduled